The TL;DR December 4, 2017
This week we’re talking about digital marketing predictions, Facebook pro tips, and marketing video.
7 Bold Predictions for Digital Marketing in 2018
What should marketers keep in mind going into 2018? Here are 8 predictions. Read the full article here.
- CryptoCurrency: With the rising popularity of blockchain and currencies like bitcoin, expect to see ads that can be purchased with these digital currencies.
- AI & Analytics: AI, machine learning, and language processing have been showing up in programmatic and influencer marketing and AI-based analytics are starting to crop up. Expect to see this become more prevalent.
- Influencer Strategy: Influencers will no longer be a tactic, but a strategy that all brands need to consider and take advantage of.
- Media Companies Bite Into Agencies: With the growth of native advertising, media companies are building content studios specifically for creating paid content. This will likely cut into agency usage.
- Repercussions of Net Neutrality Appeal: If Net Neutrality is repealed, this could have lasting and far reaching effects on the prices of, access to, and effectiveness of online advertising across all platforms.
- Rise of Native Ad Agencies: Native advertising isn’t going away, expect to see more boutique shops opening up that are dedicated to this type of marketing.
- Native Advertising Tech Landscape Will Explode: With the continuing growth of native advertising, expect to see more companies dedicated to the technological side of it pop up.
5 Facebook Power Tips You Should Be Using
Make sure you’re taking advantage of these useful, but sometimes under-the-radar, insights and tools. Read the full write up here.
- Value First, Marketing Second: Facebook’s algorithm favors content that drives engagement, and ads or sell-focused content often don’t inspire much engagement. Focus on creating content that drives conversation and appeals to your audience.
- Use Facebook Audience IQ Insights: Facebook’s Audience IQ Insights are a great way to learn more about your current audience, audiences that look like yours, or any number of combinations of audiences that you’re interested in. This tool can help you really find the insights that speak to your audience.
- See Where You’re Logged in and Remotely Log Out: It’s easy to forget how many devices you might be logged into – you can keep an eye on this in your security settings. Facebook will provide you a list of devices you’re logged in on, and you can use this to sign out of those devices from the comfort of your computer.
- Backup Your Facebook Data: Facebook allows you to download your posts, photos, videos and more, so if you have content or posts you need to backup, Facebook makes it easy.
- Have Secure Conversations: Facebook has now added end-to-end encryption capabilities into Messenger. Called “Secret Conversations”, you can turn this feature on as needed. You can also set a timer to have the messages automatically delete themselves.
7 Ways to Create a Killer Marketing Video
Video isn’t going anytime soon, but how do you know where to start? Check out this infographic from MicroCreatives for some great information.