Are There Any Guarantees in Business? Maybe One, Sales Growth.
A client recently asked us if we can guarantee 10% sales growth with the DEFINITION 6 approach to their needed digital transformation. We smiled and confidently said, “yes”. Really. We’ve seen it time and time again. To achieve that level of sales growth (and more) it takes a disciplined approach and an organization getting serious about Data Utilization, CRM, Personalization and a willingness to invest in the future of their company.
The process follows several critical steps:
- Understanding your current state
- Your technology infrastructure and architecture
- The data you have and how it is being collected
- Data management
- Sales attribution of current data set
- Defining the future state
- How you would like to interact with your customers
- Required systems and tools
- The path forward
- Comprehensive view of people, time and the level of investment
- Detailed roadmap with sprints identified, along with possible challenges
- Defining success
- Forecast the possible impact of the effort in the near term and long term
- Rate of Capital Recapture
- Identifying the KPIs that will inform progress and performance
- Executive involvement across Finance, Marketing and Technology
- Partnership and shared responsibility are imperative
The first step on this journey is always the hardest, but if done correctly, you’ll see an impact.