The TL;DR November 5, 2018
This week we’re talking about how to use Instagram’s nametag tool, how to create shareable blog content for social media, and tips on how to design more effective email marketing.
5 Ways To Use Instagram’s Nametag Tool
Instagram recently released their new nametag tool, which at first might seem redundant to users. However, we found 5 ways to make use of it both personally and professionally. You can read the full article here.
- Networking Events: These events are often loud, and it can sometimes be difficult to make sure that someone hears you correctly – having an image they can simply snap a pic of encourages them to follow you and ensures they find the correct account.
- Conferences/Corporate Events: Getting interactions at booths is easy, but how do you encourage connections later? Making it easy to follow your brand at the event helps make sure connections you make there stay long after the event ends.
- In Print: Putting your nametag on your print flyers and mailers makes it easy for people to follow you without requiring them to type anything in or take multiple extra actions.
- In Emails: Adding your nametag to email communications helps users who are already on devices easily follow you.
- Physical Locations: What better place to put your Instagram nametag than in your brick and mortar locations? Once users go into your shop, they can easily stay in touch with you afterward.
5 Ways to Create Shareable Blog Content for Social Media
Blogs are a great source for shareable content, but how can you make sure users will enjoy it? These 5 tips will help you make content readers love. Read more here.
- Create content with the audience in mind: People don’t always want to just read company news – they want content that is relevant to them and is something their friends might be interested in.
- Surprise your readers: Blogs have been around a long time, and users have read many of them. Make sure your content shares new information or at least offers a new perspective on something they’ve seen before.
- Customer-generated content: Share things that your customers have created. This helps other users see that their actions are appreciated by your brand and will encourage them to share content.
- Establish trust and credibility: Include credible sources in your content and cite where you got your information from. This helps users trust you, and thus makes them more likely to share the information with their networks.
- Create attractive content that your audience wants to share: Your content might be amazing, but if your blog is unappealing or difficult to read, users are less likely to share it. Make sure your blog is well-designed.
- Ask employee advocates to create content: Employees can be powerful advocates, and users are interested in hearing their perspectives. Elevate their voices when appropriate.
18 Email Design Tips for Effective Marketing
When done well, email can be some of the most effective marketing there is. These 18 tips will help you make sure your email campaign is top tier. You can find out more here.