The TL;DR March 12, 2019
This week, we’re covering how brands are using ASMR, Instagram influencer updates, and the best call-to-action for your brand on social media.
Brands and ASMR
ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) has been rapidly growing in popularity since it showed up YouTube a few years ago, and brands are taking notice. Find out more about ASMR and why brands are using this phenomenon as a marketing tool here.
- ASMR, a response to certain sounds that causes a pleasant tingling sensation to some listeners, has been a popular go-to for many coping with anxiety, insomnia, depression, and more for the past few years.
- Recently, brands like IKEA and Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold have taken notice and used the technique in TV spots to increase brand affection in audiences.
- Done well, ASMR can be effective for brands — IKEA’s foray into ASMR led to a 27% increase in sales for the back-to-college season.
- While hopping onto internet trends can be effective for brands, companies need to take care to be authentic as people are often wary of advertising coming into their “sacred spaces.”
- It remains to be seen how mainstream ASMR advertising will become, but Michelob ULTRA created a winning ad and others are sure to follow suit.
Instagram’s Plans to Launch New Tools for Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing isn’t going away anytime soon, and Instagram plans to make it easier than ever for brands and influencers to connect. Read about the new additions below and find out more here.
- Branded Content Ads
- Branded Content Ads will allow influencers to create sponsored posts on their own accounts that brands can then promote like a normal ad.
- While brands can already post influencer content to their own pages, this new offering allows them to better tap into their combined networks.
- This will expand the reach of brand partnerships and help create more value for brands and influencers.
- Creator Profiles
- Though not released on the platform yet, Creator Profiles allow users to fill out a profile aimed at helping them connect with brands.
- If a user registers as a “Creator,” they will have new tools at their disposal, like contact info on their profile, simplified messaging, and advanced insights.
- Businesses can also register as creators and specify which category they fall into and more.
- Users will need to apply for this program.
19 Social Media Words and Phrases to Generate More Engagement
Calls-to-action are one of the most important parts of social media marketing, but how can you make sure you’re utilizing the right ones for your brand? Find out more about four general categories on the infographic below and here.