The TL;DR April 30, 2019
This week we’re diving into info on how to conduct a social media audit, social share of voice, and tips for great visual content.
6 Basic Steps To Running an Effective Social Media Audit
Regularly auditing your social networks is important if you want to keep your strategies effective. Find out the six basic steps for running an audit below and read more here.
- List all active networks: You can’t audit what you don’t know about. Make sure you have a thorough list of every network on which your brand is active. Use this list to help you with the next steps.
- Analyze: This is where a lot of the work comes in – select KPIs and carefully analyze every network you’re on. See what drives engagement, what drives to the site, and what drives sales. This will help you see where your audience is and what makes them engage, which is the goal of any social media audit.
- Assign values to each network: Once you know how the numbers pan out, assign values to each network. These rankings will help you know where your priorities should be and what you should be focusing on.
- Decide what to keep: Based on your findings, values, and resources, you may decide you need to trim down the number of networks you’re on – and that’s okay. It’s better to have a solid, effective strategy on a few networks than to spread yourself too thin across networks that aren’t relevant to your audience.
- Clean up profiles: Now’s the time to really spring clean. Update your bios, hide or delete old videos and photos, create new headers, etc.
- Revisit analytics and optimize: Look at all that data you collected again, this time with a strategic lens on content. Keep the things that work and change the strategy where you need to. Now is also the time to set new benchmarks and start working towards those. Keep an eye on the changes you made and optimize where you need to.
Social Share of Voice: What it Means and How to Get It
Social share of voice matters – are you getting the most out of it? Find out why it’s important and how to get it below. You can check out the full article on Hootsuite.
- Social share of voice is where competitive analysis meets social listening – it tells you how many people in your industry are talking about you compared to your competitors.
- Why you should be tracking it:
- Competitive Insights: Social share of voice doesn’t just tell you what people say about you – it shows what people say about your competitors. This can give you an edge and help you know where your competitors are winning and losing.
- Social Budgeting: If you know where people are talking about you, you know where to spend your money.
- Campaign Effectiveness: Tracking share of voice can help you evaluate when your campaigns have succeeded or failed.
- Customer Engagement: If you know where your customers are talking, you can talk to them. You can also gather insights and optimize your strategy based on what they’re saying.
- How to track it:
- Collect Your Mentions: The best way to track social share of voice is to utilize a social analytics tool. Some popular ones include Brandwatch, Netbase, and Hootsuite Insights.
- Analyze Conversation: Once you have all of your mentions collected, make sure you analyze them for demographics, location, sentiment, and more.
- Optimize: Use these insights to improve your strategy and content.
- How to improve it:
- Be Active: Posting regularly keeps you top of mind for customers and helps make sure you’re always relevant.
- Spark Conversation: If you spark conversation, people will see you as a thought leader. They’ll also be more likely to start a conversation with you, once they know your brand likes to communicate.
- Create Shareable Content: Engagement is the bread and butter of social media, and shares are one of the best ways to increase engagement. Make stuff your audience likes – and wants to show their friends. GIFs and meme-worthy content are especially popular.
- Respond to Customers: Be engaging and talk to your audience. Brand responsiveness is one of the best ways to improve your reputation among consumers. Empathy, authenticity, and humanity can go a long way with your audience.
- Budget Accordingly: Spend where you need to spend. There may be areas where paying a little more can help you reach more customers and generate more conversation.
5 Proven Tips To Enhance the Effectiveness of Visual Content
It’s well known that visual content consistently performs better, but how can you improve this for your posts? Find out below and read more on Social Media Today.