The TL;DR March 31, 2020
This week we’re discussing recent online behavioral shifts, steps for streamlining your reporting with AI, and SEO hacks to drive results. In case you missed last week’s edition, you can find it here.
Online Behavioral Shifts Amid COVID-19 Are Beginning to Take Shape
Due to the various coronavirus lockdowns, we’re adapting to new ways to connect and consume content. Examine how the loss of social interaction has lead to a rise in online communities and read more on Social Media Today.
- The number of minutes spent by readers on news sites has increased by 46% over the same period last year.
- An interesting consideration that stems from this is that the longer the crisis goes on, the more reliant people will become on their virtual groups; thus leading to the shift of community engagement into digital realms.
- We’ve also seen shifts in video interaction as the rise of traditionally social, external events, such as DJ sets, are now being streamed online.
- Though these trends are exacerbated by the current situation, they could lead to further shifts that could define the next generation of digital consumption.
6 Steps to Streamline Your Reporting Process With AI
Data is key to helping marketers determine the success of campaigns and which strategies need more attention. However, the process of pulling data, analyzing it, and drafting reports takes up time and resources. Here are six steps to streamline this process using AI; read more on HubSpot.
- Research your AI software options. Familiarize yourself with the world of AI by determining the pros and cons of any software you consider.
- Pick software that works best for your team. Review testimonials and case studies from similar companies while considering cost, maintenance needed, and usability.
- Prepare your data so your software can understand it. You’ll likely need to do this so that your software’s robot or algorithm could easily recognize and analyze.
- Develop a template or set up a dashboard for your reports. These assets can be sent to your team and clients so that they can easily review and understand the data you’ve collected.
- Test the software before implementing it. Be sure to troubleshoot to prevent any AI-related incidents from occurring when the tool is being used by employees or on a tight deadline.
- Measure your results. Evaluate the amount of time saved, the number of other tasks your team got done in said saved time, and the ability of your team members to adapt to the new process.
11 SEO Hacks Guaranteed to Deliver Impressive Results on Google
SEO, the process of improving your site’s rankings in the organic listings of search engines, should have a special focus from your team if it doesn’t already. Check out these eleven ways to bring in results, and find more information on Social Media Today.