The TL;DR May 5, 2020
This week we’re discussing how to balance brand safety and corporate responsibility, recent sales metrics, and news consumption trends amid COVID-19. Don’t worry if you missed last week’s edition! You can read it here.
3 Tips to Balance Brand Safety and Corporate Responsibility
Access to quality information is critical during a crisis. Advertisers have a corporate responsibility to find a way to balance their need to protect the brand with the support of news sites. Read how brands can do both and find more details on MarTech Today.
- Segment new campaigns and dedicate specific budgets to this effort. By isolating this effort, you can cast the widest net possible and still review your domain reports to ensure you aren’t unknowingly supporting misinformation.
- Use brand-safe creative and messaging. The easiest way to do this is to create a simple static banner with messaging directly calling out what your brand is trying to do. Showcase the human side of your brand while making sure you aren’t taking advantage of a crisis for publicity.
- Consider directing traffic to more organizations that are helping the cause. Invest in advertising for a nonprofit to drive awareness for an organization you believe is helping.
Sales Metrics Showing Signs of Recovery After Weeks of Decline
With the “new normal” constantly changing, businesses across the globe are learning how to adapt to economic changes due to COVID-19. Check out the most recent trend data for core business metrics below and read more on HubSpot.
- What we’re seeing
- Deal creation increased 8% the week of April 20, compared to the prior week, and deals closed saw an upward trend with a 9% increase.
- Weekly average call volume has maintained an approximate 20% decrease from pre-COVID averages, while the volume of meetings booked has rebounded to a level higher than pre-COVID averages.
- The number of meetings booked was trending at around 7% below pre-COVID averages, but last week increased to 10% above pre-COVID averages.
- What this means for businesses
- Temporarily adjusting to an inside sales model is virtually a requirement for businesses hoping to maintain or grow.
- Sales teams that take the time to target buyers who have expressed interest in their products will be better at capturing their interest than teams who are merely emailing as many people as possible.
- Removing friction from your sales process with the right technology is a must.
Facebook is the Leading Social Platform for News During COVID-19
As social media usage has ramped up during lockdowns, we’re seeing an increase in the consumption of news articles via social apps. Take a look at these trends on how we’re consuming news and find more on Social Media Today.