The TL;DR October 20, 2020
This week we’re discussing ways to reduce shopping cart abandonment, how to increase Instagram engagement rate, and the benefits of social media. If you missed last week’s post, you can read it here.
5 Proven Ways to Reduce Shopping Cart Abandonment
About 2 out of 3 people will leave their online shopping cart before checking out. These missed opportunities and lost potential revenue can be stopped if you follow these tips. Read more details on optinmonster.
- Use exit-intent popups. Interact with your online shoppers if they try to leave their cart with a popup to incentivize them to stay.
- Personalize your messaging. Adding personalization, such as including the customer’s name in your exit popups, can have a big impact on sales and email sign-ups.
- Offer free shipping. This eliminates one of the biggest reasons for abandoning carts – unexpected costs of taxes and shipping.
- Create a sense of urgency. Countdown timers can motivate hesitant buyers to continue throughout the purchasing process.
- Make use of trust badges and social proof. Include small icons that let your visitors know that any information they share to complete their purchase is safe and guarded.
9 Steps to Increase Your Instagram Engagement Rate
With over 500 million daily users, Instagram is a popular and profitable source of income for content creators to connect with their audience and build their brand. Build your engagement rate with these steps and read the full article on Hubspot.
- Maintain consistent branding. Remember, continuity is key, so make sure your social handles are the same on all your platforms and stick to the same style of posts.
- Understand your audience. Develop Instagram personas to better understand your follower demographics.
- Post regularly. The number of times depends on your own strategy, but the average brand posts about 1.5 times per day.
- Create better captions. Use your brand voice to sound consistent and keep your target audience in mind.
- Engage with your followers. Reply to comments posted on your recent pic and ask questions to further engagement.
- Engage with similar accounts. Consider partnering with influencers in the same industry and even just simply engage with other brands in your industry by commenting on or sharing posts.
- Create mixed content. Post videos and stories along with photos.
- Use calls-to-action (CTAs). Incentivize your followers to engage by encouraging them to “swipe up” or “click the link in your bio.”
- Track your statistics. Use your preferred CRM to find out what’s effective and what isn’t.
7 Benefits of Social Media You Can’t Afford to Ignore
With 90% of marketers testifying that social media efforts generate more exposure for their business, it’s worth investing in your social media strategy. Take a look at these stats that highlight the cost effectiveness of social media and find more info on Social Media Today.