The TL;DR October 27, 2020
This week we’re discussing using visual storytelling in marketing, reasons for success in virtual events, and targeting gamers with LinkedIn campaigns. Did you miss last week’s edition? Read it here.
5 Ways to Use Visual Storytelling in Your Marketing
Your business has a story to tell, and in today’s marketing, you can tell that story with visuals, videos, and more than just text. Use these tactics in your strategy for communicating your narrative to your audience. Read more on Social Media Examiner.
- Share your origin story. Use an approach that is consistent with your brand to tell your story about how your company was founded.
- Communicate your company’s aspirations. Aspirational narratives are beyond the goal of selling a product or service and focus on how your business is making the world better.
- Deliver educational and instructional content. Capture and keep your audience’s attention by using educational content.
- Illustrate product creation from start to finish. For many brands, the production of their product has a story by itself.
- Highlight customer stories. Empower your audience and customers to tell their own stories to appeal to potential customers.
10 Reasons Marketers Are Loving Virtual Events
With the change this year has brought, virtual events are quickly gaining in popularity for both convenience and success. Check out the reasons why more than 80 percent of marketers see themselves moving to more online events and get more info on Marketo.
- They cost less to produce. No need to spend on travel, hospitality, or venues.
- They take less time to plan and promote. Virtual events are delivered faster given that they don’t need to move people, products, and physical displays.
- They’re easier for attendees to fit into their lives and schedules. Without the hassle of travel logistics, more people will be able to attend the event.
- They can connect you with prospects from all over the world. With virtual events, geography is no longer a limiting factor.
- They lend themselves to highly focused conversations. Due to fewer expenses, you can better focus on niche topics and impress prospective customers with your knowledge.
- They generate a lot of data and insights. Sessions and interactions are recorded and allow a more granular look at how attendees are engaging with your event.
- They’re appealing to high-profile speakers and C-level presenters. More opportunities will present themselves given that there is no need to travel.
- They’re a lot easier to scale. Using a dedicated streaming platform allows you to scale events as big and as fast as you need.
- They can evolve as fast as your products. Virtual events are a great way to experiment with more frequent and focused product launches.
- They can help you build pipeline event faster. It’s easy to set up follow-up conversations to qualify leads in real time and accelerate their journey through your sales funnel.
LinkedIn Shares New Insights on How to Target Gamers with LinkedIn Campaigns
Gaming is increasingly becoming a key connector in all online trends as 55 million of LinkedIn’s US active members are gamers. Learn how brand can connect with gamers on this social platform and view more details on Social Media Today.