The TL;DR November 17, 2020
This week we’re discussing ideas for content creation, tips for creating better landing pages, and stats to help improve your blog’s conversion rate. You can find last week’s edition here.
5 Underused Ways to Get Better Content Ideas
Inspiration can strike from anywhere and anything. Create your next hit content with these less-common sources and learn more on Content Marketing Institute.
- Job descriptions. Appeal to your buyer persona by centering your content around their roles’ key responsibilities and deliverables.
- Industry leaders on LinkedIn. Learn from what they share and write because it often reflects the latest insights in your industry.
- Sales calls. Join your sales team to learn more about your buyer personas’ frustrations and develop content that uses their jargon.
- Customer service. Use the insights they collect on a daily basis for product-related content.
- Webinars. Create content either directly from virtual events or write a takeaway piece to continue the conversation with your network.
13 Simple But Critical Tips for Creating Better Landing Pages
A visitor reaches your landing page with the ability to complete a lead-capture form with no distractions or limitations…easier said than done. Increase your conversion rate using this tip list and get more info on HubSpot.
- Include all critical elements of effective landing page. Your landing page must include the following: a headline, a brief description of your offer with clear emphasis on value, a supporting image, and an info form.
- Remove the main navigation. Keep your visitors on the landing page once they get there.
- Match the headline of the landing page to its corresponding CTA. Maintain consistency between your call to action and the headline.
- Less is more. Keep it simple.
- Emphasize the offer’s value. Incentivize your visitors by highlighting your offer’s value.
- Encourage social sharing. Include your social media platforms linked to icons on the landing page.
- Create more landing pages to generate more leads. Companies are seeing a 55% increase in leads when increasing their number of landing pages from 10 to 15.
- Only ask for the information you really need. See #4. The fewer fields your visitor needs to fill out, the higher your conversion rate will be.
- Consider whether “To Submit, or Not to Submit?”. Consider changing the default word on your form button to a benefit like, “Get Your Brochure Kit” or “Subscribe to Our Newsletter”.
- Reduce anxiety with proof elements. Ensure security of your visitors’ info with privacy messages, security seals, and testimonials.
- Make the form appear shorter. Adjust your styling so that it doesn’t look long if it is.
- Include rich media on your landing pages. Visuals entice users to feel compelled to download your content offer.
- Pay attention to the copy. Target your copy to your buyer persona so they are more likely to relate and download your offer.
26 Blogging Stats to Help Improve the Conversion Rate of Your Blog
Fifty percent of companies say conversion rate optimization is a crucial part of their marketing strategy. Turn reads into leads by shaping your blog strategy with these conversion rate optimization statistics. Find more info on Social Media Today.