The TL;DR December 15, 2020
This week we’re discussing tips to measure customer happiness, ways to improve your brand image, and CMO predictions for 2021. If you haven’t had a chance to read last week’s edition, check it out here.
4 Tips to Measuring Customer Happiness
Unhappy customers and successful businesses do not go hand-in-hand. Furthermore, repeat business doesn’t necessarily prove customer happiness. Understand your customers’ perspectives using these tips for measuring happiness and read more on Marketo.
- Stop measuring the wrong things. Think beyond metrics like the number of site visits or your conversion rate and look at engagement to measure how your customers are feeling.
- Engagement is more than numbers. A high number of followers does not convey engagement success.
- Just ask what they’re thinking. If you want positive feedback, ask for it.
- When things go wrong, fix them. Learning what a brand is doing wrong is just as important as understanding what it’s doing right.
5 Ways to Improve Your Brand’s Public Perception
Though you can shape your perception by telling the public who you are, your actions ultimately sculpt your corporate image. Consider these methods to bolster your own image and find more details on HubSpot.
- Identify your company’s purpose. Highlight the “why” behind your organization rather than focusing solely on what your product is and how it’s made.
- Make sure you can walk the walk. As always, actions speak louder than words, so be sure your actions are aligned with your company values.
- Own your mistakes. Customers appreciate honesty and humbleness rather than assigning blame to external factors.
- Offer the best customer service possible. Individual interactions your customers have your company representatives can form the customer’s entire perception of your brand.
- Make sure your website and social media presence reflect your current corporate image. Maintaining a strong social and site presence is crucial to reflecting your most relevant and accurate image.
17 CMO Predictions for 2021
As we prepare to leave the craziness of 2020 and head into the unknown of 2021, take a note from the experts’ insights on key marketing tactics and how best to approach your strategy for this coming year. View more information on Social Media Today.