The TL;DR December 8, 2020
This week we’re discussing social media trends for next year, landing page copywriting tips, and utilizing video content during the holidays. Read our last edition here if you haven’t already.
9 Social Media Trends Marketers Should Watch in 2021
Given the circumstances of this past year, our connection to social has increased exponentially as 3.6 billion users look to their platforms for networking, product research, and more. Stay on top of what to expect in this coming year with these research-backed trends and read more on HubSpot.
- Brands will continue to take a “less is more” posting approach. Spend more time focusing on the quality of content rather than the quantity of content.
- Content value will beat production quality. Audiences still appreciate lower production quality if the post is engaging and provides value.
- Conversational marketing will change its tone. Conversational marketers may be more focused on helping or educating users and nurturing them to conversion as opposed to highlighting promotions and making sales as quickly as possible.
- Consumers will crave snackable content. Social media attention spans continue to shrink and more people are endlessly scrolling through feeds, so users need quick, engaging tidbits of content.
- Video will continue to take center stage. Video is the most commonly used marketing content and the second most engaging content type on social media.
- More brands will go live. Use Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, and Twitter to live stream events, Q&As, and tutorials keep your followers engaged with your brand.
- Social media platforms could double as shopping channels. Facebook and Instagram have already jumped to develop shopping capabilities on their apps to add convenience for the user.
- Social media users will embrace gaming and VR. The number of social media users who identify as “gamers” increased by more than 10 million, so it’s clear that gamification and social media will continue to go hand in hand in this coming year.
- Authenticity will be vital. After the rollercoaster of the year 2020, consumers need more than just deals to trust and identify with a brand.
6 Copywriting Tips for Creating Persuasive Landing Pages and Converting More Visitors
If done correctly, every element of your landing page can be an intentional play towards winning more leads. Maximize your conversion efforts by beefing up your landing page with these copywriting skills and find more on unbounce.
- Write like a human. Use inclusive language and empathy to better connect with your audience and be weary of sounding inauthentic.
- Encourage action. Include a call to action (CTA) and focus on concise, powerful action verbs.
- Be clear and concise. Use fewer words and simpler language with bullet points and repetition.
- Validate your copy using social proof. Source testimonials from your other customers and use relevant endorsements.
- Use statistics strategically. Express stats in a way that resonates best with your audience.
- Argue a strong value proposition. Dedicate your landing page copy to specific benefits for your visitors.
5 Ways to Utilize Video Content in Your Holiday Campaigns
It’s no secret that video is the most engaging content type across all social platforms, and the holiday season is a great time to utilize video to help your business stand out. Take a look at this checklist for inspiration to help your brand’s approach to video and get more info on Social Media Today.